The Starfish CONNECT calendar makes it easy for students to schedule an appointment with instructors and academic advisors who have set up office hours in Starfish. Students can find available office hours for their advisors and instructors and select an appointment time that fits with their own schedules.
1. Open Starfish.
2. Under the “My Success Network” section, you will see a list of all UNCG faculty, advisors, and staff to whom you have Starfish access. Use the scroll tool to find the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Center under Your Services. Select Schedule.
3. Click on the reason for your appointment. Then select Continue.
4. If there are any same day appointments available, you will see those options. If no same-day options appear, click on a future date in the calendar to see the appointments available on that date. Select the time that works for you, and click Continue.
5. You will see a confirmation of the date and time you selected. You will have an opportunity to provide more detail about what you hope to discuss, and to select a Location, if your advisor is offering multiple meeting types. Location is how you indicate to your advisor whether you would like a face-to-face appointment or a virtual one. Note: due to social distancing regulations, not every advisor is able to offer face-to-face appointments every day.
6. Click Confirm when you are finished. Your appointment has been scheduled and you will receive an email to your UNCG email account. You can also see details of your appointment by visiting your Starfish Student Dashboard at any time. If you have selected a virtual appointment, the Zoom link for your appointment can be found in the details for your meeting and in the email confirmation.