The Starfish CONNECT calendar makes it easy for students to schedule an appointment with instructors and academic advisors who have set up office hours in Starfish. Students can find available office hours for their advisors and instructors and select an appointment time that fits with their own schedules.
1. Open Starfish.
2. Under the “My Success Network” section, you will see a list of all UNCG faculty, advisors, and staff to whom you have Starfish access. Use the scroll tool to find your instructor and/or advisor’s name. Select Schedule Appointment.
3. Look at the calendar on the left side of the page. Dates in bold (as shown below) are dates in which there are spaces available. [Type here] Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
4. Click on the date that you would like to have an appointment. Once you’ve chosen your date, click on the green plus sign beside the time that you would like to have your appointment.
5. You will see a confirmation of the date and time you selected. You will be prompted to choose reasons and/or courses for which you would like to meet. You will also have an opportunity to explain the reason for the appointment.
6. Click Submit when you are finished. Your appointment has been scheduled and you will receive an email to your UNCG email account. You can also see details of your appointment by visiting your Starfish Student Dashboard at any time. [Type here] Questions? Email email@example.com for support.
Note about Appointment Reminders: You can sign up for email appointment reminders by updating your Notification settings in your Student Profile. Just click on your name on your Starfish homepage and update your preferences as desired.