Students majoring in the College of Arts and Sciences (except those majoring in Biochemistry, Mathematics, Philosophy, and Physics) with fewer than 24 earned credit hours are advised through CASA. All other students are assigned advisors within their respective departments. Instructions for looking up your advisor can be found on the link here.

To understand more about advising at CASA please see the CASA Advising Syllabus.

You can make an appointment with your advisor using Starfish, UNCG’s scheduling program. To learn more about how to navigate Starfish, please visit this helpful link.

You can make an appointment with your advisor in Starfish. Make an Appointment in Starfish

Before meeting with your advisor, you should review your Degree Works Report and course offerings for the upcoming semester, then work up a tentative schedule for review. This will help you to select the best courses for your path of study.

For general information about DegreeWorks, course offerings, and AP/IB credit and SAT scores, please visit the pages below.

Frequently Asked Question about Degree Works

Graduation Plan Worksheet

Will I receive course credit or advanced placement for Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations, and/or SAT scores?
Credit will be awarded for satisfactory scores on most College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams upon receipt and approval of your official scores. To request your AP scores, contact the College Board at (609) 771-7300 or call toll-free at (888) 225-5427. To request IB scores, contact the International Baccalaureate at (212) 696-4464.

How do I search for courses?

How do I register for classes?

What happens if the class I need is closed?